Sunday, November 11, 2007

Just Stuff

Hello to all!
I know you're out there! Come out from behind that bush you freaks!
Yeah whatever. I think I might actually have my day shift back for awhile! Thank God! Cause it sure sucks switching back and forth, my poor ol' bones can't decide if they need to sleep at 7:00am or 7:00pm! I stay tired for several days until my body catches up with what hours I am working. Too old to be doing that crap on a regular basis, I know that.
I am proud to say that I have reached the 15,000 word mark on the novel writing contest. It would be ideal to put out 2,000 per day but in reality, I write when I can. At work, it's hard to do. I may jot down bits and pieces if something comes to mind, and when it does I have a piece of paper and pen in my pocket. There are just too many things that can happen in a matter of seconds and it's hard to concentrate. I like peace and semi-quiet, but I have been known to write some pretty good stuff listening to Ozzy Osbourne (I know!), Metallica, Tesla, hard hitting, fast paced tempos. As crazy as that sounds to some of you, I type better, make less mistakes and get a rythym going.
Ihad a friend of mine send me an e-mail not too long ago with "JC Penny and surviving the 70's" or something like that. Anyway, (I sent some of you guys this so you know what I'm talking about) There were clippings of clothing that was the hottest fashion sometime in the 70's, I'm guessing form 1976-1979 era. I laughed my ass off because they looked soooo gay, the colors were horrible and the hair styles, well, they weren't too bad. I actually liked the feathered look, my hair does not allow anything but curly, long or short. I made the remark that I don't remember wearing any thing like the stuff this e-mail showed. I suppose I was proved wrong. Okay, so I had a pair of lime-green polyester slacks, hey, THEY FIT! And yes, I liked the wrap around skirts and loved platform shoes (still do but I'd break my neck for sure now). And at the time, the bigger the bell of my jeans the better, I would even slit the sides and add material just to make them bigger! But I can honestly say that I do not think I would have worn the stuff this email had, I hate western shirts, don not believe in wearing his and hers outfits, mucho-lameo! I was a cool kid. Jeans and tee shirts were what I remember wearing most of the time. Uh-oh I'm sure I'll be brought up to date on that! Now days, if I can wear it and it doesn't look too funny, I'll probably wear it!

No comments: