Monday, April 7, 2008

Vacation?

A lot has gone on since my last post. Again, it does not seem that time flew by so fast, but judging from the last time I was here, apparently it has.

The last two weeks have been hectic! Once again, our treatment plant is undergoing more changes, upgrades from manual settings to computerized ones. When all is said and done, we operators should be able to monitor all or most of our "goings on" from a monitor. It's going to be a pain to start, getting the "bugs" worked out, and many spills I'm quite positive will occur. There will be more on this later, as of yesterday, Sunday, when I finally left, my boss and maintainence "manager" were still waiting for the technicians installing this wonderful system to return from wherever it was they went with a vital piece of a program.



As much as I want to get in on this (hummm, ahem) I, am on vacation! There are always many things to be done during this time, most of which I hope will have me finishing my synopsis of "Savant" I beleive I am on the right track now and the rough draft is looking pretty good. Now, if I can just get to the end of it, I keep dragging it out, gotta find a way to get the bad guy!



On Thursday. I will turn 48, God, where did the time go? It really blows my mind I have gone so far down the road of life and I turn to look back. I still haven't accomplished what I want, done the things I'd like to do or really made any great and wonderful strides in my life. I guess that's me looking out, perhaps it looks better from the other side. I know I could have done many things much differently, but I can't change them now. I will just have to work on what's on the plate now. I don't feel (mentally) that old. I remember how I thought 50 was soooo old, of course that line of thinking has completely changed! Walk a 30 mile walk-a-thon? When I was 15, 20, no problem....now, no way! My feet have slapped so much concrete in the past 22 years, I am amazed I can walk as much as I do now! I find I do alright until I have sat still for longer than 10 minutes, then I stand up. Stooped in pain, I hobble for the first minute until I get the blood going again, then I'm good to go. Shoulders hurt, elbows and hands now have a dull, numbing pain from time to time, they say surgery will take care of that, maybe. *Smirk* I'd rather have a hot poker up my ass than have to fork out money for a procedure which may or may not work. So I use weights, this helps more than anything and gets blood flowing and the numbness goes away. Damn vultures anyway. I do think it would be kinda cool to unscrew the old feet and put new ones on, but I do not want amputation!

Well, this is just insane.....two more days just went right on by me!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Angela Ackerman said...

I had a lot of success with Physiotherapy treatments for pain in my elbows, wrists and hands. I have tennis elbow, but I have no idea what the hand thing is. All I know is after they did the electrode type treatments and lazer treatments on the muscles associated with tennis elbow, all the hand symptoms went away.

I also found that using a wrist brace really helped as well--it was just one of those things you pick up at the pharmacy for wrist support, not too costly. You could tr it tho.

Numbness in our hands sounds like it could be carpal tunnel. Have ou done repetitive tasks with our hands for man ears, like tping, etc? Hubb had that, but again the were able to fix it with the electrode treatment and acupuncture rather than surgery. Now he just does some hand exercises to keep it from returning, but still feels pain if he overdoes the typing.

Anyhoo, I just thought I'd share, in case it helps you! Happy early birthday, as well!