Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Making some changes

Since I started using myspace I seem to not have much time working on my blogs. I think I will be deleting "Stuff from the Attic" my other blog. Most of the material I have posted on SA will get transferred over to this one I call my Ramblinglog. I have also decided that "ramblinglog" is getting changed to Stuff from the Attic-Connie's ramblinglog. So please excuse the re-construction of this blog.
I am still working on my synopsis for "Savant". I'm on the right track now though (I think). Writing synopsises surely get easier as a writer continues to work on their craft. Doesn't it? Please, tell me it does. I started the rewrite of the first three chapters of Savant by using a prologue. For those of you who read this once before, will notice a marked difference in some of the scenes. This will take a little time in doing, but I know it will work much better. I just keep telling myself it can take up to two years for a first novel to be ready for the market. Find the right agent, DO YOUR RESEARCH! It may take another year to score one of those. Many, many issues can arise when writing. Side projects take me away from the main story, but it helps me from getting frustrated with the story. I set it aside, work on another one, maybe a poem, or a short story for a contest. As long as I write, and keep writing, it will get better and I will reach the long term goal of becoming a published author who wrote the great American novel, a classic!
The no smoking thing is going along just peachy fine. I'm off the medicine, co-pay was a little steep but I didn't need the next phase. I still do the sunflower seeds, but not a whole lot. It's not really very lady like spitting the seeds. I try to aim for the drains, but I make sure I don't leave the floors littered with the shells. I also try not to stuff a whole bunch of seeds into my mouth; not lady like either. The act of breaking the shell and try to keep your taste buds from not getting pinched due to not cracking it well enough (sometimes too many seeds in the mouth aids in this) has me slowly backing off from them. However, I have found that I like "David's" dill pickle flavored ones alot. I'm going to need all that salt for when summer kicks in. Even though I started to gain a passion for chocolate in the last three years, my fondness for it increased since I quit smoking. Here is my plan.......
If I continue to eat the seeds, I'll pinch off my taste buds so I don't taste food, which means I won't eat so much.

2 comments:

Angela Ackerman said...

I don't know if synopses get easier or not--I hope so. It's one area where I still need a lot of work and have a lot to learn.

Congrats on staying strong on the smoking front! As an ex-smoker, I can tell you it does get easier, and one day you'll be so glad you left that part of your life behind. Think of all the books you can buy with the $$$!

Connie Clark said...

Thanks for the comment! It helps to know those who have traveled down the same road! I had to check out your profile. I absolutely love your blog, so many helpful hints! I would like permission to put your blog address on mine.