Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More stuff to share

A new laptop computer!
Finally! Still far from being totally techno, I have come a little further into the wonderful world of computers and computing with my very own Dell Inspirion laptop. "Spring Green" it is, and only 17.99 a week from my paycheck. In just one year it will be paid off and hopefully by then I will have become accustomed to it, and have it internet accessed. I got this mainly for writing. With it, I can go sit on the couch, hang out upstairs in the bed and work on my novel (s), short stories or poems. Even better, sitting outside or anywhere as long as I keep the battery charged. To save on the battery I will probably keep it plugged into an outlet when I'm near one. While I still enjoy writing in longhand, it may get to a point where I won't be able to, and so what better way than electronically!

Now a word or two about the last two monts of being smoke free.....
I have to admit, I still have strong cravings for the nicotine sometimes. Although farther apart, they have gotten so overpowering , it nearly drives me insane! I get over the episode but man, I guess it's true that Nicotine is harder to kick than Heroine (I've never tried it by the way). I quit once for a year, give or take a day. I gained fifty pounds because food tasted soooo wonderful! I've quit many times, some lasting three to four days, to only a few hours. This time it's for good. I've decided I really do not want to go through this again. Sometimes number one is great, sometimes it's a repeat of something you should have never repeated, like smoking. Someone I knew told me he had dreams for nearly thirty years about smoking. He said that one day he ran out of smokes and decided that was it. But, when he slept he said he just smoked and smoked and smoked, blew smoke rings, inhaled deep without coughing, just relaxing and smoking. In the last few years he says he has not had the dream, but found it funny he did for so long. I've had smoking dreams and yes, it's true, I just sit there and smoke, and smoke, and smoke. Loving every minute of it! I've heard that those who have quit for years still have the cravings. I do think though now days with smoking banned in many public places, it will be easier to control the "jonesing" for a smoke. I haven't gone to a bar since quitting. Most of you know my husband is a musician and from time to time I go to his gigs. He's come home from them and the smell from cigarettes is as thick as a pollution ring over Los Angeles.
It's not the cigarettes I'll have the need for though. Before I quit, I started smoking the flavored cigars, the little ones. One thing they were/are cheap,( less than a dollar a pack). they don't stink like cigarettes, the flavored ones smell like the flavor they are, peach, vanilla, cherry (you get the idea) and I thought they were quite fitting with my writer's image. I'd rather not carry that image to the point of being strapped to an oxygen machine twenty-four hours a day just because I thought it was cool to smoke tiny cigars.
I've had many people supporting me and would like to thank everyone for that. I love you all for caring!

No comments: