Friday, April 11, 2008

I turned 48 yesterday I'm just not sure how I am supposed to act now that I am that much closer to fifty. I want to say on record, I do not feel sorry for myself, and am accountable for all I utter. I choose to poke fun at my lovely figure, it's my perogative and necessary.

I notice a pair of shoes, they are so cute! Could I wear those? I look at my feet. Calluses as big as quarters, bunions a half inch thick, and cracked heels shoot a mild bolt of pain. I think I'll just stick to houseslippers and clogs.
An interesting shade of eye shadow, that might bring out the blue of my irises, new mascara promises to strengthen and lengthen my eyelashes. Facial powder, foundation and anti-aging gadgets will help get rid of those age spots and crows feet, fill in the laughlines and make you look years younger.
I sneeze applying the powder, angry red blotches rise up on my skin, and that interesting shade of eye shadow looks like I went a few rounds in the ring. From all that makeup my eyes get itchy so I rub them, it's waterproof so it doesn't smear but little clumps some off and get under the eyelids. Now I need eyedrops to wash out the mascara.
I guess I'll just stick to a facial scrub and vitamin E, it's working. Maybe I'll go wild and put chapstick on my lips.
I find myself wandering through the junior and misses clothing at the store, I hold up a blouse. How cute! I hold it to my chest, pretty sure I won't get an arm through a sleeve without it ripping completely out. Only then do I look at the tag, size 3! and it's one of those little halter top jobs I wore when I was 18. I remember my image this morning in the mirror and then look at it again. More flesh would be spilling over than the waters of Beaver Lake and Table Rock in flood stage. From the pictures on the news, I don't think I have that much hanging out, but wouldn't be caught wearing that stuff now. When I see girls who do wear these types of clothes, and they are, (how can I say this) "plump" comes to mind, (I was called that in my youth) I can't believe I wore such garb, parading around as they do now. Jeans, why would a big assed girl want to draw attention to this area? It's big enough, let alone having a glittering butterfly or puffy pockets to aid the size.
I'll stick to relaxed fit jeans that will allow me to breath when I bend over (if I have too, try to avoid that) and not cut me off when I sit down that I have to stick my leags in front of me. Shirts or blouses that won't expose any more flesh than from the elbow down and long enough they hang down to the knees. I try to stay away from bright colored, large printed flowers or patterns. Just another way to shout how large I am. Unfortunately, I love those so I'll just think of myself as a walking flower garden and be pretty

2 comments:

LadyByrdbell said...

Long time, no chat!! Congratulations on your non-smoking achievement!!
Happy Birthday too!!! LOL......you blog regarding the age thing is hysterical! I can relate to most of it! The issue about the flowered/paisley colored clothes - what's up with that! My favorite plus-size store has tons of this stuff! Dang......it would be nice to at least have a choice of looking somewhat normal - and not like my great grandmother at a bingo game!
Oh.....and the foot crack issue - I took care of that! The new PED EGG does wonders! However, it is so easy to use that a word of caution... Don't use TO much the first time. I took all the years of cracks off in less then a moment..and couldn't walk for a week. NO JOKE!
*HUGS*
Crystal

Angela Ackerman said...

Happy belated Birthday, and don't sweat the small stuff. I'm in my 30's and feel like you do now--I look at all the trendy clothes and think how there's no way I could squeeze into those form fitting tops. And the low risers? People will start asking me about the best ways to unclog a drain if I attempt those, so I better not. Make up? Too time comsuming. Sandals? Slip 'em on and off just like that. Sounds good to me.

I'll take comfort over style any day. Have a great week! :-)