Monday, June 16, 2008

Where I Am



I thought it would be fun to show you some of the places where I live. (I tried to put two videos here, but I guess I will have to post the other one in a seperate post.) The video above is a highway (two lane) which winds throughout the area. There is one place in particular I think shows the beautiful little valley I live in. Green Forest doesn't feel like it is in one, but when you get on the downhill side, it really sprawls out.

To look at my town, it's not very big, we only have one 24/7 place, a quick mart store, oh yeah, and the chicken processing plant. The rest of it, shuts down by ten, the two beer bars are allowed to stay open until 1:00 a.m. on Friday nights. But when you get up on top of the hills in the area and look at it from that perspective, it's such a beautiful place!











The series of pictures I took are from several places in the area. Mostly wild flowers that grow well in this particular soil, but some of the trees, and grasses too.




I'm driving down a narrow country lane to a discount grocery store. Again, I thought it would be fun to let my many viewers see what's up in my hood! The day was humid, sultry, and only the beginning of June. The clouds hung low, brushing lush, green hills and snaking their feathery tendrils into the valleys. I passed several vehicles along the way, probably wondering what the hell I had in my hands and talking. Hopefully, no one noticed!

Anyway, the air cleansed free of pollen and stale odors. The road is wet, the tires and windshield are making their own music with the rain. It seems that flowers and fields of grass for hay can be heard growing! When the sun pops out, the sauna kicks in, the air becomes oppressive, the clouds begin to tower higher into the sky. Then the downpours start! We have had so much rain this year, I would think we would be drought free for the next two years at least! Of course, it's doesn't work like that, too bad though. The mosquitoes will be larger than the lightening bugs, they, will be larger than a humming bird. That would be cool I suppose, but I don't think I want to see mosquitoes that big!

No comments: