Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Livewyre






I hate it when people take vacations! No, they have to have them too. I'm just glad I had two days off to recover, five days in a row twelve+ hours each day equals sore feet, legs and knees. As my sister put it, Calgon really needs to take me away!!!! But I'll just look at some nice scenery.......


That's much better.



I am busy with several writing projects. "Savant" is in process of restructuring and will be participating in another 50k writing contest. This one is held every July, this is the fourth or fifth season for this particular one. It's like NaNo, but you can use an active project, you just have to have the 50k to "win". So far, "Savant" has fifteen chapters outlined, and a prologue added, with more to go. I'm excited about this venture. I think I have found a way to jump start my novels by doing these types of activities. My critique group helps me to polish and shine the words and all I have to do now is find an agent.


My other novel, "Dream Drifter" (2007 NaNo project) is in critique now. I have three short stories in active stages as well, "Pumice" (a story about one man's greed)is getting a query letter written, magazine market search and editing, "Man in the Mist" (what would you do if you had the power to change things?) is on hold. Right now, it's in a contest in Colorado, top prize 1,000! The new story, "Thunder Thief"( aka "The Man Who Stole the Thunder")is one written by my dad over thirty years ago. He has passed on however. He sent it out numerous times, and it kept getting rejected. I'm going to see what I can do with it. I have nearly dismantled it, parts and pieces scattered here and there. He sure had a weird sense of humor is all I can say about it for now. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep what he did at the ending of the story or make it have a dramatic ending. Huh, I'll just have to write it and see......


As you can see from the photos I have to the side of my blog, my husband is a drummer. He's played in many types of bands, country, blues, rock and combos of such. He loves playing, I would say so since it's been a passion of his over 30 years now. The newest project is with a couple of guys from the Harrison area and Mountain Home vicinity. The name of the band is "Livewyre". They play a harder type of classic rock, and some newer stuff. Their approach to cover songs is unique which makes them a great three piece band.


Lead guitarist, Jim, Bass and vocals Erik and of course Alan on drums.


This is a video of them playing Ted Nugent's tune "Free For All" I must say I was rather impressed! As the evening wore on, more of the club's patrons decided to bear their breasts and such. I won't be posting those. I must make mention of the fact, I am still learning how my camera works and even though this particular clip wasn't so bad as far as movement goes, it's still shaky. I'm working on my technique. If this one plays and works here on my blog, well you might as well be prepared to listen to some of the other ones I may post here from time to time. I have a myspace page for this sort of stuff, but some people don't like myspace, so.....here goes.

No comments: